Sunday, August 14, 2011

Jean Grae... This Week

File:JeanGrae ThisWeek albumcover.jpg
Released: September 21 2004
Genre: Underground Rap
Label: Babygrande Records
Producer: Joey Chavez, Shan Boogie, The Belief, Dirty Swift, LT. Moe, William Tell, Sid Romes, Adam Deitch, Bruce Waynne, 9th Wonder
_______________________________________________________

Yeah so a few years back I thought Hip hop was dead, if not just a joke. Till one day when I meet that Sweet Jane girl and she made me listen to Jean Grae… and in those first few lines in A-Alikes really spoke to me. Hip hop wasn’t dead and women could rhyme and not sound like a weak imitation of some moron talking about cars he doesn’t even own.
 
At that time in my life when I was reintroduced to Hip Hop, I was going through allot of emotion bull (all of which didn’t mean anything in the long term). But “Give it up” was the theme song to those childish pining days, even though those days mean nothing now… Jean Grae’s soulful lyrics still ring true. Relationships can be confusing and consuming but question that come from it need to be answered at the time.


A perfect theme for my writing would be “Don’t Rush Me” nothing but the truth in this song like if it wrote it as one of my poems, but being sober and self reflective with lyrics like “Listen, there's nothing like knowin' yourself, Like the way I know that smokin's kind of broken my health, Like the way I know my flow don't make appropriate wealth, I can't change that, But funny I'm sayin' that when it's money I'm aimed at” every line in this song I can relate with, like people and the world expecting something out of you, things that aren’t part of your plan and there is no time limit to, I think most people can find something in this song.


Here's another Example where I was Amazed at what was behind the doors I ignored for years, so that's where I say what I always say PASS IT ON

Don't forget to check out my buddy LEE's Show 
_______________________________________________________

Track listing

  1. "Intro" (featuring Ruddy Rock)
  2. "A-Alikes"
  3. "Cuervo Loco (Skit)"
  4. "Going Crazy"
  5. "Skit"
  6. "Style Wars" (featuring Block McCloud)
  7. "Not Like Me"
  8. "Supa Luv"
  9. "Give It Up"
  10. "Whatever"
  11. "The Wall"
  12. "Before The Spot (Skit)"
  13. "You Don't Want It"
  14. "Watch Me"
  15. "P.S."
  16. "Don't Rush Me"
  17. "Fyre Blazer"
 




    No comments:

    Post a Comment