Sunday, December 11, 2011

Molotov... Con Todo Respeto

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/08/Molotov-ctr.jpg
Released: October 26, 2004
Length: 44:23
Label: Universal Music Latino
Producer: Robert Carranza
______________________________________

This week I’ve decided that I’m gonna be a little more international and do an album that’s not entirely in English, so I’ve chosen Molotov’s Con Todo Respeto. This one really rocks and I had to write about this one because it’s a cover album with some random songs that sound pretty kick ass in Spanish, Marciano (I turned into a Martian by The Misfits) is a great song to begin with, and it just sounds pretty funny with a Cumbia sound.

Even in English Girls by The Beastie Boys is funny and as Chavas in Spanish it makes the song seem fresh to me again… especially after having to hearing it on a moronic rotation every day since I was a kid growing up in So Cal. It seems the lyrics are pretty much the same, but it’s funny that they used the Caló slang word for girl, “Chava”.

Growing up I spent allot of time with my Grandma, and she use to have me do chores around the house. She would feed me things like burritos or hotdogs, and when I would get mouthy she would slap me or scold me talking like that around her. So when I heard Molotov sing Agüela I laughed my ass off because it was almost exactly like my life growing up and mash up they did with Young MC’s Bust a Move just pushed it way over the top for and made it that much better.

I really enjoyed this album and that's why I'm telling you all PASS IT ON

______________________________________

Track listing

  1. "Amateur" (Cover Of "Rock Me Amadeus" By Falco)
  2. "Diseño Rolas" (Cover Of "Designer Music" By Lipps Inc)
  3. "Marciano" (Cover Of "I Turned into A Martian" By The Misfits)
  4. "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised (La Revo)" (Cover Of "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" by Gil Scott-Heron)
  5. "La Boa A Go Go"(Cover Of "La Boa" by La Sonora Santanera)
  6. "Chavas" (Cover Of "Girls" By Beastie Boys)
  7. "Mamar" (Cover Of "Mama" By Los Amantes De Lola)
  8. "Quién Pon-Ponk" (Cover Of "Quen Pompó" By Tabascan musician Chico Che)
  9. "Da Da Da" (Cover Of "Da Da Da" By Trio)
  10. "Perro Negro Granjero" ("mash" Of El Tri's "Perro Negro" And ZZ Top's "La Grange")
  11. "Agüela" ("mash" Of "My Abuela" By Wilfred y La Ganga, "The Magnificent Seven" By The Clash And "Bust A Move" By Young MC and Matt Dike)
  12. "Agüita Amarilla" (Cover Of "Mi Agüita Amarilla" By Los Toreros Muertos)


No comments:

Post a Comment