Sunday, February 17, 2013

Exquisite Corpse... Warpaint

 photo warpaint-exquisite-corpse.jpg


Released: 2008 (self-release)
October 6, 2009 (U.S.)
December 7, 2009 (UK)
Recorded: 2007
Length: 33:32
Label: Manimal Vinyl ________________________________________________________________________
Sometimes in life we need to sit back and let the world move without us... to unplug if you will. When I feel myself in the need of disconnecting, I turn off the lights pour myself some kind of hard drink and blend into a song like Stars by Warpaint. The tempo keeps me low and the lyrics aren't accusing as many other bands. For me that's when my mind starts to relax enough for me to start writing again... this maybe a trade secret to get into my own writing ritual, but I think this band needs to be given credit for inspiring me.

Sometimes when I get disturbed when I'm writing, either by someone asking me a question, technical issues, or I run out of something to drink. That jarring emotion can be good to get you out of a loop or whatever, I take it as an intermission. Usually shit bugs me around 20 minutes into anything I do...I try to use that as a change in mindset or mood, that's what I get from the song Beetles. It starts kind of angry, but it moves into a sensual statement that is a change in mindset or mood. When I hears songs like that it makes me think of the last moments of everything and just being there with someone, there's a subtle epic tone to this one in my mind.

And when the night is over and the closing starts, things are slow without stopping a good song that doesn't overpower the moment can carry things to the next day without notice. If you missed that I was speaking of something like romance, not everything can vicious, there's timing to everything you experience. Having said all this kind of madness Burgundy seems like a great way to surmise everything in the throws of passion.

Ok another album I think you should all respect has been spoken... so remember to listen to my friend Mindee from The Hot Box and also most importantly PASS IT ON

____________________________________________________________________
All songs written by Warpaint. "Billie Holiday" contains a portion of the song "My Guy", written by Smokey Robinson.
"Stars" – 6:25
 "Elephants" – 4:44
 "Billie Holiday" – 6:44
 "Beetles" – 6:57
 "Burgundy" – 4:40
 "Krimson" – 4:02 (not included on original release)

No comments:

Post a Comment