Sunday, June 5, 2011

Think About Life... Family

Photobucket
Released: May 26, 2009
Recorded: Friendship Cove, Montreal, Quebec
________________________________________________


Thanks to Blalock’s Indie Rock Playlist (http://www.birp.fm/) I’ve been exposed to music that I’d ever hear anywhere else. When I first heard the song Sweet Sixteen that he choose for a past playlist I was amazed ,at how obscure the sound was but it was still very familiar like an Electro Funk song from the 80’s(BTW what ever happened to the whole Electro Funk scene).

As corny as it may seem Young Hearts make me nostalgic for days past all the way back in the 90’s, with lyrics like “I’m you high school lover, number one stunner, can you hear me calling down the tunnel”. The words make me think back to those days of waiting to get the hell away from that madness, and being infatuated with a girl who didn’t even see what I was about, till it was all over. High school was a strange time, because everyone then that was poised to take make big splashes didn’t do anything (be it the economy, drugs, or just life some people never did excel). I can see all that now, but in those days I knew it was simpler than what life would be but I wanted out anyways. Guess I got my wish in a way…


Set You on Fire is a great song to get pumped up to and start tearing things up. Yeah its kinda bubble gum but it’s got a beat that’s infectious, “The music’s playing but I can’t see you dance” is an anthem to get up and dance around. I can see this band in my head dancing around in the crowd and everyone singing this song with them.

Sofa Bed is almost like my life at the beginning of my 20’s just struggling to find my way, all the while being nomadic. It has some romantic overtones to it but that’s part of life, not everything is so cut and dry, everything mixes together even in the spots that shouldn’t (at least in your plan).

The Veldt continues the whole vibe of coming of age (I guess is the right term even though its cliché). “When lightning strikes” is a great way to talk about love at the point in your life when you to young to understand, it happens too quickly and disrupts everything about you Lol.

Truth is that I love this album, but I don't want critique every song because I want you to give the album and a chance and possibly be amazed like I was.
________________________________________________

1. "Johanna" 3:56
2. "Havin' My Baby" 3:29
3. "Sweet Sixteen" 3:44
4. "Young Hearts" 4:11
5. "Wizzzard" 3:51
6. "Set You On Fire" 3:38
7. "Sofa-bed" 3:11
8. "The Veldt" 4:44
9. "Nueva Nueva" 3:18
10. "Life Of Crime" 5:46







No comments:

Post a Comment