Sunday, September 18, 2011

Deadboy & the Elephantmen... We Are Night Sky


Released February 7, 2006
Recorded 2005
Genre Alternative rock
Length 38:00
Label Fat Possum Records
__________________________________________________
A few years back I heard deadboy and the elephantmen on the Henry Rollins show he had on Sundance, and I can say without a doubt the song Stop I’m already dead caught my attention right off the bat. That one song inspired me to find more of their music , too bad they only had 2 album and a million EP’s.

There are very few songs that really rock and have great lyrics… Ancient Man is one of those few songs. I find myself singing the words when I’m jamming around town, it’s not a happy song but it’s not sad, just badass with the lyric of “I envy the night, for its absences of light” that just sounds soo fucking cool.

Straight sexy grinding sound of Misadventure of Dope makes a night come to life while on a prowl looking for trouble. It’s a dirty sounding song but that’s what makes it cool. I can see bar fights and cold beers whenever I hear this song, but not like in one of those yuppie bars. I’m talking about those shit bars are dark and run down looking, that’s what this song is.

Don't forget to PASS IT ON when your done listening... also checkout my Homie LEE's show the Pinata Hour
__________________________________________________
"Stop, I'm Already Dead" (2:19)
"No Rainbow" (4:35)
"How Long the Night Was" (3:14)
"Ancient Man" (3:17)
"Dressed in Smoke" (3:57)
"Blood Music" (3:36)
"Walking Stick" (3:25)
"Kissed by Lightning" (2:04)
"Misadventures of Dope" (2:30)
"Break it Off" (3:47)
"Evil Friend" (3:09)
"What the Stars Have Eaten" (2:52)





1 comment: