Sunday, September 11, 2011

Iggy Pop... American Caesar

File:American Caesar (album) cover.jpg

Released September, 1993
Recorded Kingsway Studio, New Orleans and Bearsville Studios, NY
Length 71:32
Label Virgin
Producer Malcolm Burn
___________________________________________________________________
Over the years we’ve all heard at least one Iggy Pop song wither we knew it or not. He’s been in the music business being a maniac since the 60’s, so his stuff has been everywhere. Just like this album American Caesar, I’ve heard these songs in compilations and in movies for years.

But when I actually listened to the album, I saw something different in this one than what came before. I could hear emotions, besides just having a good time and such. The song Fuckin’ Alone really gave me a feeling of a man, who had allot happen in his partying and he’s now in the rumble, reflecting on what he’s created. I guess it being the 90’s when this album was created, allot of depressing music came out of musicians that weren’t all that depressing could release something more somber.

The whole album wasn’t all slit your wrist kinda music, some of it had allot of balls like Wild America. Which always reminds me, of acting a fool at some show or at a bar with friends. There were allot of those days and I think there are allot to be had, especially with this song rattling in my head (Good times LOL).

Classic Iggy Pop could be heard with Sickness, all the hallmarks are there with the howling vocals and crazy chorus. The guitars and drums seem bigger than they are; this one really gives me nostalgia for the 90’s and being a teenager in Riverside, where nobody I knew growing up even knew who Iggy Pop was. They were into being groovers or morons who only listened to pop music or G Funk (nothing against G Funk, but the people at the time were idiots). I didn’t get to listen to much other types of music till I became an adult, and now as an adult I can listen to my heart’s content.

this album is one that i really feel that by trying something different back when, was well worth it. so that means PASS IT ON

Don't forget to Check out Lee's show the Pinata Hour for more surprises soon
___________________________________________________________________

All tracks composed by Iggy Pop, except where noted

"Character" (Pop, Eric Schermerhorn) – 1:07
"Wild America" (Pop, Schermerhorn) – 5:52
"Mixin' the Colors" – 4:49
"Jealousy" – 6:04
"Hate" – 6:56
"It's Our Love" – 4:09
"Plastic & Concrete" – 2:55
"Fuckin' Alone" (Pop, Schermerhorn) – 4:56
"Highway Song" – 3:44
"Beside You" (Steve Jones, Pop) – 4:29
"Sickness" – 3:15
"Boogie Boy" – 4:53
"Perforation Problems" – 3:15
"Social Life" – 4:12
"Louie Louie" (Richard Berry) – 3:47
"Caesar" (Pop, Schermerhorn) – 7:09
"Girls of N.Y." – 4:15





No comments:

Post a Comment