Sunday, November 6, 2011

The King Khan & BBQ Show... Invisible Girl

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/87/InvisibleGirl.jpg
Released November 3, 2009
Label In the Red Records
__________________________________________________

There are very few bands that can do an older style of music and still make it kick ass. King Khan and BBQ Show make it their own, with their crazy lyrics that are just ridiculously funny and catchy hooks that make you want to sing along with music. Just like the title song Invisible Girl great sing along and the lyrics aren’t ridiculous almost like if this was a cover of a song from the early 60’s… like a real kinda love song.


Some of these songs really put a smile on my face like Animal Party; I remember singing this song one time when I was riding around with my friend Bisou and she was laughing at the lyrics and me singing. She liked the song so much that after the song finished played the song 2 more times afterwards and during the last song she sang along to, it was funny.


If you know me you probably already know what my favorite band is The Misfits, just by looking at my tattoo. When I hear songs that have that kind of flavor to them it will more than likely get my attention. Truth or Dare is a perfect example of the crunchy sounding guitars and dark vocals. I can almost imagine Danzig singing this song back in the day. It sounds like Devils Whore to me in many way, I'm guess that's the hook that gets me again.
__________________________________________________
Track listing

All lyrics written by King Khan and Mark Sultan.

1. "Anala" Sultan 2:55
2. "Invisible Girl" Khan, Sultan 4:00
3. "Tastebuds" Sultan, Khan 3:21
4. "Animal Party" Khan, Sultan 3:37
5. "Spin the Bottle" Khan, Sultan 3:17
6. "Third Avenue" Sultan 4:43
7. "I'll Be Loving You" Sultan 3:10
8. "Truth Or Dare" Khan 2:38
9. "Crystal Ball" Khan, Sultan 4:07
10. "Lonely Boy" Khan 2:29
11. "Tryin'" Sultan, Khan 3:49
12. "Do The Chop" Khan, Sultan 4:15





No comments:

Post a Comment