Monday, February 6, 2012

2Mex... Gloria was a Kroqer

Photobucket

Released:2006
______________________________________
OK so this weeks choice is by an artist that I've reviewed before 2MEX, but what this guy does is insane. 2MEX blows my mind every time I hear something new from him, who does that anymore? With this one Gloria was a Kroqer he did more of a mash-up than sampling.

"So many more words" mashed up with Weezer's "Say it ain't so" was the first time I had actually heard a mash-up that was decent. And with those lyrics is really took me back to being a dumb kid wishing and pining for some one that doesn't care anymore. the line that always gets me and seems like a cleaver stab back at the situation is "saw you at the show, You pretended that you never knew me, I don't know I guess ill act like I rented you like a movie".

2MEX tends to write about relationships that don't work and the angst of life. But he does it with a cleaver back hand complement. Just listening to 2MEX's choice to mash-up with on "Silly Girl", The Descendents was a great choice... I would have never thought anybody would ever mix punk with hip hop ever in my life.

The Best track on this one most definately have to be the mash up with The Talking Heads. I love that band and those lyrics for "Naïve Melody"... just blow my mind. It almost seems the way that this song was written, was as though they all wrote it together, Good Stuff.

Don't forget Boys and Girls to listen to The Pinata Hour Featuring my homie LEE


Remember to PASS IT ON when your done listening to this one.
______________________________________

1 Naïve Melody (2Mex Vs. Talking Heads) 4:56
2 Beautiful Freak (Eels Cover) 4:29
3 So Many More Words (2Mex Vs. Weezer) 4:54
4 Elizabeth On The Bathroom Floor (2Mex/Eels) 3:13
5 Silly Girl (2Mex/Descendents) 1:57
6 Before You Say No (2Mex Vs. Weezer) 2:43
7 Oddessy Honestly (2Mex Vs. The Cure) 3:36





No comments:

Post a Comment