Sunday, February 26, 2012

Brian Eno... Here Come the Warm Jets

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/13/Warmjetsvinyl.jpg

Released: January 1974
Recorded: September 1973 at Majestic Studios, London
Length: 42:01
Label: Island
Producer: Brian Eno
___________________________________________________________________
OK seriously this album has got to be one of my favorites of all time... I have to listen to Here Come the Warm Jets in part to pick me up or in its entirety at least one a month, Its just that good.

Weird new sounds almost always catch my attention, when I hear them for the first time. "Baby's on Fire" is a song that caught my attention when I first caught it. At the time I was spending allot of time just digging into music that was obscure (2004), and when I found this I was blown away. Nothing at the time was appealing to me, none of my favorites or any of that shit they were playing on the radio.

And when "On Some Faraway Beach" played in its rotation I thought I had found the song that would be the end song to my autobiographical film... you know the kinda that ends the movie and goes into the credits. Its not depressing or anything like that it just seems to transcend and that makes me feel hopeful. This song is just soo beautiful and it really made me fall in love with Brian Eno's music.

Then to end strongly with "Here Come the Warm Jets" just really set the tone with me. And apparently it had set the tone for a generation, a generation that would not appreciate or really acknowledge till the 90's. Every part of this song can be broken into a certain influence on a band from the vocals and guitars that are still heard today. This one is an album that I can't give enough credit to.

There aren't enough words to say how much I love this album...
 So all I can say is PASS IT ON

Also don't forget Lee @ the Pinata Hour


___________________________________________________________________
1. Needles in the Camel's Eye (Eno, Phil Manzanera) 3:11
2. The Paw Paw Negro Blowtorch 3:04
3. Baby's on Fire 5:19
4. Cindy Tells Me (Eno, Manzanera) 3:25
5. Driving Me Backwards 5:12
6. On Some Faraway Beach 4:36
7. Blank Frank (Eno, Robert Fripp) 3:37
8. Dead Finks Don't Talk (arr. Paul Thompson, Busta Jones, Nick Judd, Eno) 4:19
9. Some of Them Are Old 5:11
10.Here Come the Warm Jets 4:04



No comments:

Post a Comment