Sunday, April 17, 2011

Battles... Mirrored

File:Battlesmirrored.png
Released: May 14, 2007 (2007-05-14)
Recorded: 2006
Length: 51:52
__________________________________

Thanks to Brian Eno for this one and my moronic eyes for misreading the title on the video (I thought it said Brian Eno talks about the Beatles). I was completely shocked when I heard "Atlas” blew my mind kind of like Genesis, mixed with Brian Eno, The Locust, and some bizarre electro Jazz. I’m a big fan of Brian Eno and his Ambient sounds that always seemed way ahead of there time, so when he was talking about Battles in an interview, I had to check it out for sure.

There are some songs on this album that really annoyed me like “Ddiamondd”, hella annoying like some of the stuff Man is the Bastard or The Locust would do, so I skip that song every time I listen to this album, and that gets me to the stronger stuff in this album like the song “Tonto”. The bass in this song reminds me of TOOL’s Lateralus album.

It’s been less than a week since I was struck by this band, and I’ve listened to this album start to finish around 50 times. And when I think I’m done with it, it calls me back to find new elements that I didn’t hear before in the last sessions, “Leyendecker” makes me feel this way with crazy sounding vocals, everything in that song is strong bass, drums, guitars, samples I love everything about this song(Constant repeat when I’m driving)

In the end I really love this album. Allot of energy and innovation in this one, that I keep trying to get people to give a chance(especially my musically inclined friends). Give it a chance and I think you might like it, Not much on lyrics but sonically awesome
__________________________________

1."Race : In" 4:50
2."Atlas" 7:07
3."Ddiamondd" 2:33
4."Tonto" 7:43
5."Leyendecker" 2:48
6."Rainbow" 8:11
7."Bad Trails" 5:18
8."Prismism" 0:52
9."Snare Hangar" 1:58
10."Tij" 7:03
11."Race : Out" 3:29





No comments:

Post a Comment