Monday, April 11, 2011

The Kills... Midnight Boom

File:Kills album.jpg

Released: March 10, 2008
Recorded: 2007
Length: 33:57
___________________________________________

Ok now time for the modern era, not everything is "remember back when", there are something’s that get missed everywhere around. And this is an album that I don’t think too many people may have given a chance (mainly because it wasn’t on pop radio namely the gay rocks A.K.A. KROQ).

This one’s got allot of darker elements that are retro sounding, but at the same time very sexy and hard like the song “Tape Song”. Little simple drum sound and voice, that just gets stronger till it get harder, I can image allot movie montages going on while this song plays.

Last day of Magic” is a track that gets me pumped up in the mornings, the guitars almost make me feel like the end of a story that ends on a high note. With both Alison "VV" Mosshart and Jamie "Hotel" Hince sing together, reminds me of X, back in the day.

Alphabet Pony” is the track that really caught my attention; I remember hearing this song a couple years back on an ex’s CD’s player. I remember wanting to borrow it for this song, but it was only a mix CD. Fail in my eyes (you can’t break up the flow of an album. It’s almost like a book; you don’t tear out the pages to compile your favorite chapters). But this song came out of nowhere, with a simple sound that makes me want to drive faster and do all kinds of Jackie Chan-esque stunts(like fighting a million ninja's and running up walls using my feet and furniture lol).

The album ends very well with “What New York Used To Be” very sexual sounding to me and gritty all the while. Followed by the true final track called “Goodnight Bad Morning” makes me think you can’t always be aggressive and in your face, something’s are best taken slow in the end to savor what was meant.


1."U.R.A. Fever" 2:16
2."Cheap and Cheerful" 2:26
3."Tape Song" 3:35
4."Getting Down" 2:55
5."Last Day of Magic" 3:21
6."Hook and Line" 2:03
7."Black Balloon" 3:46
8."M.E.X.I.C.O." 1:37
9."Sour Cherry" 3:07
10."Alphabet Pony" 1:45
11."What New York Used to Be" 3:15
12."Goodnight Bad Morning" 3:52







No comments:

Post a Comment