Sunday, May 8, 2011

dynamite with a laser beam queen as heard through the meat grinder of three one g



Original Release Date: November 30, 2001
__________________________________________________________

OK I’m not big on compilations or greatest hits albums, but this one really knocks all those barriers out with the madness that gets spewed out of this one. Three One G has got a very talented roster; with the exceptions of 2 songs that are moronic, the rest of this compilation is ridiculously good.

I first found this one a few years ago while looking for Blood Brothers tracks in the Bit torrents, way back in 2004. I was really blown away by the audacity of them to do a cover of Under Pressure … all I gotta say about that track is Bloody Fucking Brilliant. I like the original but this take on the song makes me go back and enjoy the original more.


Weasel Walter Lol… I laughed my ass off when I heard this version of Bohemian Rhapsody, but in my opinion is better than the original because it gave the song some real balls and it got all crazy like at the end which hella awesome. It didn’t go in the same direction of the original of taking the subject too serious, good stuff.
 
Every so often when I’m digging through my collection of tracks and  I stumble upon Glass Candy again like if I’ve never heard of them before (go figure I guess I’m that kind of moron) I’m always surprised that I have this song because its soo good. Don’t think I’ve ever heard the original of The Fairy Feller's Master Stroke, I’ll just assume that its one of those b sides you’ve never heard for a reason.

I wanna wrap this up right now but I have to mention Melt Banana with their version of we will rock you, this song bumps loud. Thought I was gonna blow out the speakers on the work truck the other day. Yeah the people on the 10 freeway at 1:30 pm Friday didn’t really appreciate this song as much as I did, but fuck it I liked it
__________________________________________________________



1. Under Pressure                                                          Blood Brothers             3:03
2. Another One Bites the Dust                                        Get Hustle                    2:16
3. Ogre Battle                                                                Asterisk*                      1:50
4. We Are the Champions                                              Das Oath                       2:19
5. Death On Two Legs (Dedicated To...)                        Gogogoairheart             3:09
6. Bicycle Race                                                             Upsilon Acrux                2:51
7. Who Needs You                                                        Sinking Body                1:12
8. The Fairy Feller's Master Stroke                                Glass Candy                  2:29
9. Flash's Theme                                                            The Locust                    0:56
10. Bohemian Rhapsody                                                Weasel Walter              5:04
11. Vultan's Theme (Attack of the Hawk Men)               The Spacewürm            2:30
12. Crazy Little Thing Called Love                                 Fast Forward                 1:23
13. Get Down Make Love                                             The Convocation of...   4:02
14. Lilly of the Valley                                                      Bastard Noise              3:01
15. Killer Queen                                                             Tourettes Lautrec        4:18
16. We Will Rock You                                                    Melt-Banana                2:02









Couldn't find Glass Candy soo i decided to post this one instead soo shut up and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment