Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ninja Academy... Ninja Acedemy

Ninja Academy Cover Art

Released:March 1, 2012
Recorded: at Satellite Park Studios, Malibu, CA.
Produced, Engineered: Paul Roessler and Geza X
Cover photo:Mher Vahakn.
____________________________________________________
Sometimes I write about a band more than once, its not like I haven't noticed that. It just shows how much a band has to offer. This is one such story in Ninja Academy's new release NINJA ACADEMY that came out last week. I didn't get much time with it Thursday and Friday as I was working, but having my car breakdown Friday night. It gave me time on Saturday, while searching car parts online to give it more attention, and was basically kicked in the teeth with the song Stanky. The crazy flowing at the end just tripped me out and made me want to play it again just have more time to groove.

That song really tripped me out, till I heard their cover of Radiohead's Idiotech. I love that song to begin with but to hear it in a different way, was really a trip. It also shows that Ninja Academy can grow and do new stuff, and not be afraid.

The Place Where Nothing Meets continues to show where this band is evolving their sound. The Female vocalizing at the beginning is different, but it works. And violin when it kicks in is awesome, violin is one of my favorite classical instruments.

As you maybe wondering why there are no videos this week, its because the band has been generous enough to release the album free online if you click on the words NINJA ACADEMY  anywhere on this page you can be directed to your digital download.

This Wednesday don't forget to listen to the PINATA HOUR my buddy LEE has a kickass guest this week... so you should check it and remember to PASS IT ON (I mean both the album and the PINATA HOUR)

____________________________________________________
All compositions by Ninja Academy, except "Blue Rondo a la Ninja" written by Dave Brubeck and "Idiotech" written by Radiohead.

1. Blue Rondo a la Ninja 04:04
2. March 03:03
3. Revenge of Iron Puppy 03:55
4. Stanky 02:46
5. Breaker 03:14
6. Last Action Hero 03:11
7. Choices 03:38
8. Wound Up 01:28
9. What's Behind Door #3 03:39
10.Pshat Pshat Pshat 03:50
11.Idiotech 04:00
12.The Place Where Nothing Meets 05:41

No comments:

Post a Comment