Sunday, March 25, 2012

Red Hot Chili Peppers... Blood Sugar Sex Magik


Released: September 24, 1991
Recorded: May–June 1991 at The Mansion in Los Angeles
Length: 73:55
Label: Warner Bros.
Producer: Rick Rubin
________________________________________________
Without a doubt I can say that The Red Hot Chili Peppers album Blood Sugar Sex Magik, is one of my all time favorite albums of all time. Straight out of the gate they start strong with "The Power of Equality". I can still remember all the lyrics from all the songs and this one is one of the greats. And when my Uncle Octavious found his old tape from 20 years ago, it was cued up to this song when I put it into the tape deck of my car.

Every time I hear the title track "Blood Sugar Sex Magik", I'm always taken back to my first day of High School. Because this was the first CD I had ever bought, and it was only a week before school started when I bought it at Music Plus, before it was Blockbuster Music.

OK, so some people are probably asking why aren't I highlighting the singles, well the reason being that the album has soo many good songs aren't ever heard on the radio and such. So that's why my third pick is gonna be another song that brings me back and gets me hyped up is "Naked In the Rain". Just listening to Flea tear it up on this song just makes me hyper, like I was the skinny 14 year old again jumping off of walls with wild hair... wait I still have wild hair, but no more jumping off of walls anymore... lol.

Having said all that I have to say what I always say PASS IT ON because there's soo much good music out there and not just on the radio

Doesn't look like there's a new flyer yet for Lee's show just yet, but enjoy this one and remember to check out his show The Pinata Hour





________________________________________________
1.The Power of Equality 4:03
2.If You Have to Ask 3:37
3.Breaking the Girl 4:55
4.Funky Monks 5:23
5.Suck My Kiss 3:37
6.I Could Have Lied 4:04
7.Mellowship Slinky in B Major 4:00
8.The Righteous & The Wicked 4:08
9.Give It Away 4:43
10.Blood Sugar Sex Magik 4:31
11.Under the Bridge 4:24
12.Naked in the Rain 4:26
13.Apache Rose Peacock 4:42
14.The Greeting Song 3:13
15.My Lovely Man 4:39
16.Sir Psycho Sexy 8:17
17.They're Red Hot 1:12





No comments:

Post a Comment