Sunday, April 22, 2012

Deconstruction... Deconstruction


Released July 12, 1994
Recorded 1993 - 1994
Length 71:13
Label American Recordings
Producer Deconstruction, Ron Champagne
_______________________________________________________________________
The 90's had allot of music that was over looked or forgotten. Some of it should be forgotten, but there are some albums, that should see more sunlight than they do, like Deconstruction. This album to me is the epitome of the unpolished experimental music during the 90's, L.A. song is the first example. It's gritty and does fell like L.A., driving down the 10 fwy in the heat, that's L.A. Its dirty and beautiful at the same time, same could be said about this song.

If you like Jane's Addiction, you'll probably be taken back by this album because it sounds nothing like anything remotely like Jane's Addiction. Dave Navarro and Eric Avery really went in a different direction especially with the track Get At 'Em. It's really aggressive and it really shows Dave Navarro's guitar playing. I remember hearing this one way back when with my uncle, when he bought it on cassette when it first came out.

When I reach back in time to gather some of these tracks I rediscover some shit that is a like a time machine. America is one those songs, that's a time machine, when I hear this one I can see myself during my teenage years writing or drawing something weird and this song blaring on the stereo or headphones. Time machine is fitting as I use to play loud music all the time when I was creating, don't listen to music so loud any more, but I still dig it.

So remember boys and girls to give it a try and to PASS IT ON




_______________________________________________________________________

Track listing

  1. L.A. Song - 6:02
  2. Single - 6:45
  3. Get At 'Em - 4:29
  4. Iris - 4:40
  5. Dirge - 5:53
  6. Fire In The Hole - 5:52
  7. Son - 3:07
  8. Big Sur - 5:41
  9. Hope - 3:49
  10. One - 5:32
  11. America - 7:02
  12. Sleepyhead - 3:09
  13. Wait For History - 6:03
  14. That Is All - 1:10
  15. Kilo - 2:09



No comments:

Post a Comment