Sunday, April 8, 2012

Samhain... November-Coming-Fire


Released: 1986
Recorded: 1985 - 1986
Length: 28:30
Label: Plan 9
Producer: Glenn Danzig
____________________________________________________________________________
Given that today is Easter and a religious holiday in the west. I woke up today ready to get crazy, with some Samhain and the song that was rattling in my head was "Let the Day Begin". Its sacrilegious and all, lyric wise and the name of the band is kinda obvious about that to(I'm not gonna explain that to you so look it up). But it literally makes you get pumped and ready for the day.

I'm gonna bounce around this week in the track order as the last song is a great start. Next up for my choice is "Mother of Mercy", because its a great song to sing a long with and to growl out the words while drunk in a packed bar. Reminds me of the time, that I once witnessed a whole bar break into song with another Danzig song "Mother", great night when that one came on the Jukebox... good times good times.

I always love to hear how past songs and albums have influenced modern bands sounds. Hearing the bassline in the song "Unbridled", I can't help but to hear early Psychobilly in this song. It also still has allot of elements from Danzig's earlier career in punk.

This one came at me suddenly this morning and has been stuck in my mind all day. That alone makes me want to say that you should all give this one a chance and to PASS IT ON




Also don't forget about my buddy LEE from the Pinata Hour on every Wednesday @ 7PM Pacific time
____________________________________________________________________________
All songs written and composed by Glenn Danzig
"Diabolos '88" - 1:24
"In My Grip" - 2:44
"Mother of Mercy" - 3:09
"Birthright" - 2:10
"To Walk the Night" - 2:11
"Let the Day Begin" - 2:36
"Halloween II" - 3:15
"November's Fire" - 2:47
"Kiss of Steel" - 1:29
"Unbridled" - 1:48
"Human Pony Girl" - 4:57



No comments:

Post a Comment