Sunday, April 29, 2012

Manic Hispanic... Mijo Goes To Jr. College


Released: May 6, 2003
Label: Better Youth Org
_______________________________________________________________
Woke yesterday morning all crudo as shit, and the only thing I could think, aside figuring out how the night before went, was Manic Hispanic's Menudo Morning Nightmare. For the most part of the song is about getting all kinds of crazy and wondering about it later. It also gives a quick overview of how things in the barrio go, maybe not all at once in a night, but hanging out in paisa bars and cruising is something I've done on more than one occasion(good times that are crazy fun).

Yeah these songs are all tongue and cheek covers of awesome old school punk songs, but their good. Also that they cover allot of local bands is a real big selling point for me, especially covering TSOL or DI, bands that I really respect.

Most of these songs make me laugh to, because for the most part they're pretty honest in the accents and the things you've heard people say in the barrio. Not sure if this one everyone will understand what makes this good... if not, do your research and read "Ask A Mexican", then you'll understand and might laugh. Hopefully you can read up and enjoy them before they play The 4th (Almost) Annual Manic de Mayo Celebration next weekend at the House of Blues.

Chances are that I will be at this show, but till then remember to check out LEE's show The Pinata Hour Wednesday... with that being said remember also kids to PASS IT ON

_______________________________________________________________
1. Trippin on Mi Ruca
2. Brand New Imapla
3. Tio's Got a Secret
4. Cruise
5. Barrio Love
6. Creeper Is a Lowrider
7. My Homeboy Is a Joto
8. Big Heinas
9. Menudo Morning Nightmare
10. The I.N.S. Took My Novia Away
11. La Crusher
12. Get Up Your Late
13. She Turned into Llorana
14. Lupe, I'm Free
15. Code Brown
16. I Want to Be a Cholo





No comments:

Post a Comment