Sunday, October 2, 2011

2MEX... Over the Counter Culture

Photobucket
Released: April 19, 2005
Label: Up Above Records
____________________________________________________________________

Every time I hear anything from 2MEX I’m always blown away by how crazy his beats are and how his lyrics are soo smart. I’ve been wanting write about 2MEX for a while now but I could never decide what album I wanted to write about. But I finally found myself in the right frame of my mind to do 2MEX justice with Over the Counter Culture.

The whole reason I picked up this album was just for the Everyday… great song, fucking brilliant lyrics that make me laugh, because they’re soo true. “If you were to keep a smile on my face, hit me up on my space, just end up at my place, I would love you everyday” that line is my favorite. Sounds like something I might say to a girl that I like.

Soo many more words is always awesome with the lyrics and beats. I actually first heard this song as a mash-up with Weezer as the beat. There’s soo much anger and frustration in this song I could use as my theme song especially with”saw you at the show, you pretended that you never knew me, I don't know I guess ill act like I rented you like a movie”. I had my time of funny stories of girls treating me like crap and everything that’s said in this song I can’t say are lies… this guy always hit the right spots with his music.

This album has a very frustrated sound to it, kinda depressing, but with truth about the feelings that come from relationships or the pursuit of one. I didn't mean to touch your hand says that in the title and when you listen to it, that’s what you notice about the whole song. straight raw nerves about everything in this one.

this is a great album that really comes alive quick, so that's why I'm saying to PASS IT ON

Also don't forget my buddy LEE's show the Pinata Hour
____________________________________________________________________
1 Once Again
2 It's All 4 You
3 Minors into Fire
4 Gone 'Til Whenever
5 Big Beat Walkthrough
6 Love (Interlude)
7 Everyday
8 Dream Small
9 Love (Interlude)
10 So Many More Words
11 Interruption From The Lie Love You
12 I Didn't Mean to Touch Your Hand (Last Desperate Attempt)
13 Breath of a Salesman
14 S-S-Sorry
15 Everywhere Once
16 Songodsuns at Night
17 Over the Counter Culture
18 Don't
19 (Untitled Track)







No comments:

Post a Comment