Sunday, October 23, 2011

TSOL... Dance with me

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4f/Tsol_dwm.jpg

Released: 1981
Recorded:1981
Length: 26:11
Label: Frontier Records
____________________________________________________


Growing up the only sounds that I could get a hold of, besides Crap from Riverside was the Old school OC Punk, that I got from my uncle. I remember him always talking about TSOL and how they were probably the most experimental band in that scene also on a few occasions, he told me there were always fights and people getting stab or shot.  So this band always stuck with me because of those stories.

The song that was always obvious, that anybody ever talked about was Code Blue. I was a kid when I first heard this song (maybe 10 years old) and remember laughing at it, because it was so obnoxious and that’s what hooked me. Maybe it’s the season but these lyrics seem right “Middle of the night so silently
I creep on over to the mortuary”, gets me every time Lol.

Great lyrics and some of the subjects you didn’t ever really expect. Especially with the song The Triangle, it was all about secret agents and trying to get out of the Spy vs. Spy game. I never would’ve expected that after hearing Code Blue just before.

The best way to end the album was with a bang, and that’s how Dance with me comes off. Everybody always talks about Social Distortion being the greatest underground punk bands on the west coast, but I think after they went more Rockabilly, all their stuff started sounding the same... BORING. Yeah they get more play (mostly in Bro Bar), but TSOL is way more talented and more outrageous lyrics especially with this song.

So this is something that I've always Loved, so that's why I'm you should PASS IT ON and enjoy it... Also don't forget to check out Lee's show THE PINATA HOUR... if you miss it remember you can always download pass episodes
____________________________________________________
  1. "Sounds of Laughter" - 3:26
  2. "Code Blue" - 2:08
  3. "The Triangle" - 3:30
  4. "80 Times" - 2:03
  5. "I'm Tired of Life" - 1:51
  6. "Love Story" - 2:05
  7. "Silent Scream" - 2:46
  8. "Funeral March" - 1:23
  9. "Die for Me" - 2:02
  10. "Peace Through Power" - 1:47
  11. "Dance with Me" - 2:51





    No comments:

    Post a Comment