Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tune-Yards... Whokill


Released: April 19, 2011
Length: 42:12
Label: 4AD
____________________________________________________________________________
When I first heard Tune-Yards, I thought they were dudes. But when I actually saw the video for "Bizness", I was pleasantly surprised that it was a woman singing. This song has an energy that infectious and you find yourself singing it later in the day. And what makes it even cooler is that they actually made a music video... seems like a lost art really.

After I first heard "Bizness", I came home and downloaded the album and found some really good tracks that caught my attention like "Gangsta". I guess I'm not the only one who liked the song because I caught it on Weeds some time later. Its kind of funny song that's for the most part true, if you listen to the words.

Most of these songs got a happy kinda feel to them and are really light hearted, even with songs like "Killa". When I first downloaded this album, I listened to it continuously for the next week or so. And it was these 3 songs that really caught my attention, not to say the rest is boring but that these songs should be heard more.

This week I gotta say one thing before I get into my good nights. Last week Adam Yauch died at age 47 on May 4, 2012. He pushed allot music and ideals in many new ways that some people are still trying to catch up to. R.I.P. Adam

So if you missed it, last night was Drinko De Mayo hosted by friend LEE of Pinata Hour fame. We had fun and had a few drinks with friends and saw some good bands last night... good times.

All that being said means that it nearing time for me to move on for the night. But remember to give something new a chance and to PASS IT ON

____________________________________________________________________________
1."My Country" 3:40
2."Es-So" 3:29
3."Gangsta" 3:58
4."Powa" 5:03
5."Riotriot" 4:13
6."Bizness" 4:23
7."Doorstep" 4:16
8."You Yes You" 3:33
9."Wooly Wolly Gong" 6:06
10."Killa" 3:12



No comments:

Post a Comment