Monday, May 21, 2012

Bob Dylan... New Morning


Released: October 19, 1970
Recorded: June – August 1970 at Studio B and Studio E, Columbia Studio Building, 49 East 52nd Street, New York City
Length: 35:21
Label: Columbia
Producer: Bob Johnston
________________________________________________________________________
Ok first off sorry that I didn't write anything last night... I was kinda in a writers block from writing late into the night before. But this morning when I woke up, all could think about what album I should've written about. I spent most of the day listening to all kinds of music that didn't really hit me. Till I got out of the shower and it came to me while I was singing it... Bob Dylan's "New Morning". This album and song make me feel happier about things in my life, its a real big change in my life, because I use to hate Bob Dylan's voice.

I hated him till I heard "The Man In Me" in the movie the Big Lebowski. Actually I didn't know that was him till years later after I bought it on DVD. This song makes me think about the future and where I've been in my life. Like where will I meet that one woman that's described in the song, one to kick me in the ass hard enough to encourage me to be stronger, well I think that's why its a great song.

Proper endings are always hard to find especially in music, "Father of Night" is a perfect way to easy out with a memorable sound. I love that its simple and the piano sound gives a perfect tempo to this song. The lyrics of Dylan are always poetic but this one almost seems like an acknowledge of something higher... and that's not a bad thing in my book.

I don't know if anyone was waiting for this weeks Blog but here it is, so remember to PASS IT ON
and to Listen to LEE on the Pinata Hour


________________________________________________________________________
All songs written by Bob Dylan.
"If Not for You" – 2:39
"Day of the Locusts" – 3:57
"Time Passes Slowly" – 2:33
"Went to See the Gypsy" – 2:49
"Winterlude" – 2:21
"If Dogs Run Free" – 3:37
"New Morning" – 3:56
"Sign on the Window" – 3:39
"One More Weekend" – 3:09
"The Man in Me" – 3:07
"Three Angels" – 2:07
"Father of Night" – 1:27



No comments:

Post a Comment