Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Bloody Valentine...You made me realise EP


Released: August 8, 1988
Recorded: 1988
Length: 17:06
Label: Creation Records
Producer: My Bloody Valentine
______________________________________________________________
Have you ever heard a band that after years of hearing about, you finally sit down and listen to, only to be amazed at how great the band is. That's the feeling that I got when I first gave My Bloody Valentine a chance. I've said it plenty of times that I missed out on allot of music, because of my surroundings and ignorance to other sounds, and this is another example of it.

When I first heard the song "Slow" I feel in love with the grittiness of it. Its unpolished, but it has a real strong emotion in it. Like falling in love with someone and the moment when you first get close to them. The sensual slide of this song makes me think of some of the girls I've dated and how they ranked to this song.

Mornings always are a little chilly from a night of partying or waking up next to someone your with. Those times don't need to be loud or fast, just slow and enjoyed. That's the feeling I get from "Cigarette In Your Bed". Not that any girl I've ever dated would let me smoke in bed(when I did smoke), but this track just says Sunday morning to me, with every note.

This week I'm gonna leave you kiddos with the full E.P. because it's that fucking good and its only 5 tracks... so with all that being said I need to tell you to check out my buddy LEE on the Pinata Hour every Wednesday evening @ 7pm.

And Remember Kiddos to listen to things you don't normally listen to and you might be surprised. Also remember to PASS IT ON

______________________________________________________________
"You Made Me Realise" – 3:46
"Slow" – 3:11
"Thorn" – 3:36
"Cigarette In Your Bed" – 3:29
"Drive It All Over Me" – 3:04`




No comments:

Post a Comment