Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sonic Youth... Rather Ripped




Released:June 13, 2006
Recorded:December 2005 – February 2006, Sear Sound, NYC
Length:51:53 (international edition)
Label:Geffen/Interscope
_______________________________________________________________
Ok I’m gonna start out this week by saying “I love Sonic Youth.” And Rather Ripped is probably my favorite album(even though it doesn't have Diamond Sea on it). Honestly I can listen to incinerate all day. It’s got a good vibe that keeps me going, and the guitars are fucking awesome, the style is unmistakable you can tell that its sonic youth by the first few notes(and from that point on you know you’re in for a treat).

Jams Run Free Reminds me of rainy days in the 90's for reason. With all of its awesome sound. Not to say that it’s depressing sounding, it exactly the opposite in my eyes, it makes me want to walk around town listening to this song going on in my headphones for a minute. I became really visual in my head when I hear more instrumentals so this one really feeds my imagination.

I love movies and I think that music is very important to the feel and timing of a movie so when I hear Pink Stream, I wonder why I haven’t heard it in a movie yet. Something about it is very cinematic, it could be used for a drama, thriller, or what have you. It’s a good long song that has very little lyrics.

So once again I'm gonna leave off by say for everyone to PASS IT ON and for everyone to tune into my buddy LEE's shows the Pinata Hour
_______________________________________________________________



1."Reena" (vocals Gordon) 3:47
2."Incinerate" (vocals Moore) 4:55
3."Do You Believe in Rapture?" (vocals Moore) 3:11
4."Sleepin Around" (vocals Moore) 3:42
5."What a Waste" (vocals Gordon/Moore) 3:33
6."Jams Run Free" (vocals Gordon) 3:52
7."Rats" (vocals Ranaldo) 4:24
8."Turquoise Boy" (vocals Gordon) 6:14
9."Lights Out" (vocals Moore/Gordon) 3:32
10."The Neutral" (vocals Gordon) 4:09
11."Pink Steam" (vocals Moore) 6:57
12."Or" (vocals Moore) 3:31







And Just Because I Run This Shit And I Like This Song Dammit!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment